Tree of Life – Level 1, Lesson 5: Mind 5
In the study of Mental Law we are considering one of the most vital of all the laws of life, except those which have to do with the creative function of God.
That Law and your consciousness of it, the ability to demonstrate it, the supremacy of spiritual thought force over all apparent material resistance must necessarily depend on your understanding of these mental laws and how they operate, for it is the canvas upon which we paint the scene of our life.
We must come to think of this mental medium and Law which is the principle governing spirit mind control which brings to us our likes and dislikes and is the foundation of spiritual healing and its many ramifications.
We must do one thing, and this is to think in terms of this Law as an exact Law which does not vary nor does it err.
The law is in the mind of God; it was in his mind when he created this universe. It is in his mind yesterday, today, and forever.
The law is imprinted and is part of the nature of the spirit of God. It is a facet of God’s personality.
This law functions thus automatically because the spirit is self-knowing and conscious of the things in the mind of God and causes all mental patterns to be filled with the energy and force because of the self-knowing of the spirit, because God also passed on the word, his creative word to us through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Now let us consider this all-important idea and reality of God and the reality of Him in terms of the Infinite Knower and a Limitless Doer. Let us assure you that here in this universe of pure spirit which is filled with warmth and color which produces warmth.
The following are five steps to the understanding and the putting into use the mind function so that it becomes a part of your KNOWING.
These steps are not only the steps of mental system of assimilation or digestion or assumption, they are the steps and the pattern of the complete function of the Law.
- DIGESTION: Digest = to assimilate mentally; obtain information, ideas, or principles from; to arrange methodically in the mind; think over; to arrange in convenient or methodical order; reduce to a system; classify; to condense, abridge, or summarize. From Latin, digest (us) = separated, dissolved.
- ASSIMILATION: Assimilate = to take in and incorporate as one’s own; absorb: to bring into conformity; adapt or adjust; to make like; cause to resemble; to compare; liken. From Latin assimilat (us) = likened to. made like.
- ASSUMPTION: the act of taking for granted; or supposing; act of taking to or upon oneself; the act of taking possession of something; the bodily taking up into heaven of the Virgin Mary. From Latin assumpt (us) = taken up.
- COMPREHENSION: inclusion; perception or understanding; capacity of the mind to perceive or understand; power to grasp ideas; ability to know; the act or process of comprehending. Comprehend = to understand the meaning or nature of; grasp with the mind; perceive; to take in or embrace; include; comprise. From Latin com + prehendere = to grasp.
- REALIZATION: The making or being made real of something imagined, planned, etc.; the act of realizing or the state of being realized. Realize = to grasp or understand clearly; to bring vividly to the mind. Real = true; not merely ostensible, nominal, or apparent; existing or occurring as fact; actual rather than imaginary, ideal, or fictitious; being an actual thing; having an objective existence; not imaginary; being actually such; not merely so-called; genuine; not counterfeit, artificial, or imitation; unfeigned or sincere. From Latin re (s) = thing + alis = pertaining to.
These steps are the paths, the rungs in the ladder, the higher consciousness and the creation of a new life and a new body in reality. They are the reality of God because this is the way that the mind works from the dense to the less dense, from the small to the greater. This is the way of mental life.